Natural hair saves you soooo much money, and it doesn't take much. It's more unique, and you can express your true beauty with natural hair.
TIPS ON SAVING:
- You can start saving money too. If you're already natural. Once you've gotten over your product junkie phase and you've found that right product. Stick with it & Stock up on it! If you like it, buy it. This saves you money because you're not taking those trips to the store over and over again. No Gas money needed, and you're not randomly buying other products.
- Stay away from the salons. This is where you're spending the most. Besides, Whatever they can do, you can do w/o damaging your hair! Or you can find some one who can. If you care about your hair, you will be very cautious with who messes with it. You can even watch a Youtube tutorial on the style.
- Stay away from chemicals completely. They are costly and damaging.
- Stay away from those expensive flat irons. Leave the Chi's at the store! Too much heat is damaging too.
- Stop buying all that human hair. You have hair on your head. Wear it! It's gorgeous, it's curly, and it's what God gave you. It's okay to add hair in every now and then for that big natural hair look, but not every other week. Your scalp likes to breath. Let it!
- Buy Natural hair products, that first time buying them may seem like too much but they are great for your hair and will solve most of your hair worries. This can save you money in the long run.
It has been reported that most African American women spend almost half their income on their hair. As far as buying hair products such as perms, weaves, etc. The hair care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry and most of the products are damaging to our hair and scalps. The ingredients are harsh.